Homeowners have reported paying $176, and most spend between $121 and $233 in the US for 2018-2019. Professional carpet cleaning costs vary, usually depending on the size of the area, the cleaning method used, the type of carpet, and whether or not stain removal is required. For example, you are going to pay more for a wool carpet cleaning than for Berber carpet.
Carpet Cleaning Cost Factors
Several factors could increase or decrease the total price of your professional carpet cleaning service. It’s essential you ask about some of these factors when requesting quotes from a carpet cleaning service, so you don’t see unexpected charges on your bill. These extra charges can boost the price anywhere from $100 to $200.
Your Home’s Square Footage
Typically, depending on the size of your home, most carpet cleaning services charge based on the square footage of your home. Some carpet quotes based on square footage may include:
• Between $70 and $130 for a home with 200 to 400 sq. ft.
• Between $200 and $300 for a home with 1000 to 1500 sq. ft.
• Between $400 and $550 for a home with 2000 to 3000 sq. ft.
Cost Based On Carpet Cleaning Method Used
Carpet cleaning usually involves dry cleaning, chemicals, steam or some combination of chemicals and steam.
Steam Cleaning Cost
Average quotes for steam cleaning carpets include:
• $100 to $250 for a home with 900 to 1000 sq. ft.
• $300 to $400 for a home with 1,200 to 1,400 sq. ft.
• $400 to $500 for a home with 1,500 to 2,000 sq. ft.
Dry Cleaning Cost
Sometimes referred to as encapsulation” or “low moisture” cleaning, dry cleaning uses chemicals and small amounts of water to clean the carpet fast, but it doesn’t eliminate as much dirt and debris as steam cleaning. It utilizes a rotary machine, brush or sprayer that loosens up dirt and debris and then instantly vacuums them out. Some average quotes for dry cleaning carpets include:
• Chem Clean: $120
• Chem-Dry: $140
• Stanley Steemer: $135
Cleaning Cost Based On Carpet Type
Different types of carpet can difficult to clean, which can significantly impact the amount you’ll pay a carpet cleaning company. Here are some common carpet types and their difficulty to clean range and average prices to clean include:
• Berber is easiest to clean, around $90
• Cut and level loop is somewhat difficult to clean, between $60 and $120
• Cotton and wool is the most difficult, around $100 to $150
It’s noteworthy that your carpet type and its ideal method of cleaning are determined by the loops in the carpet.
Stain Removal Cost
Keep in mind that stain removal can cost anywhere from $40 to $300, depending on the size and depth of the stain.
DIY Carpet Cleaning Cost
Renting a Steam cleaner can cost anywhere from $35 to $50 per day, plus the cost of the cleaning agent. Some risks that you can run into using a rented steam cleaner rather than hiring a professional carpet cleaning company include:
• May take too much time- a rented cleaner may be too small and take more time to clean your space or too large and cumbersome, and could consume too much power
• Oversaturated- because they use more water, the drying time could be longer than expected
• Harder to use- large machines could be hard to move around a small apartment or in hard to reach corners where your carpet could build up significant amounts of dirt
• Equipment failure- because you rent the equipment, it could faulter or not work as good, which could lead more additional costs or having to re-clean your carpet.
Carpet Cleaning Quotes Phoenix, Scottsdale & Tempe
If you are looking for professional carpet cleaning services in Phoenix, Scottsdale or Tempe, Arizona, Superior Plus AZ can help! We also offer commercial carpet cleaning. Receive an affordable carpet cleaning estimate by getting in touch with Superior Plus.